Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Advertisements

Advertisements

Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 27, 2010

Kangana is eager to do Item Numbers

There’s something about Kangna Ranaut that sets her apart from the regular Bollywood heroines. Right from her endearing accent that’s miles away from being put on, to the way she dresses to the roles she chooses, this actress has shown that gumption, passion and talent is all it takes for one to make it big in B-town. As she gears up for her next film, Knock Out, Kangna speaks about her desire to sizzling item songs and more.



‘ACTING IS TOUGH’

Playing a crime reporter in her next film, ask Kangna if she did any special homework for the role, and she says, “No homework as such. I just watched TV news more intently, observed nuances of anchors and reporters and kept absorbing every little detail I could.” And it’s these little nuances that make each of Kangna’s character so memorable. With the actress doing more of comedy in her next few releases, ask her if this change in genre was a deliberate move on her part, and she says, “Not deliberate. I am an actress and I must try my hand at all kinds of roles.” And with her excelling in the intense kind of roles, does she find comedy easy to do? She laughs and says, “You know most people think I find intense and serious roles easy. The reality is that nothing is easy in acting. Every genre requires a different set of skills and an actress has to acquire them. So, for me whether it’s doing a comic caper or a serious role, I find that both are difficult.”
FIRE TO SUCCEED
As she talks about difficulties, ask her if her small town background meant that she found it tough to adjust to the big, bad world of Bollywood and she says, “It’s all about passion. If you’re passionate about your art, are ready to work hard and have talent, then success is bound to come your way.” And the actress has tasted success and how. Maybe it's the reason she has no problem sharing the screen space with any actress? Ask her the secret and she says, “When I sign a film, it’s because I’ve liked the role I am being offered. So, I can be madly in love with the co-actor or absolutely detest him, but it won’t show in my work. My focus is on the character I play and my personal likes and dislikes don’t come into play at all.”
‘COOL TO BE HOT’
As she speaks about likes and dislikes tell her that when he was very young it is said that she liked being a doctor and she laughs and says, “Yeah that was my dream.” And she adds with endearing candour, “And it was not service that was the predominant thought. I just thought it was very cool to be a doctor and that docs with their white coats, stethoscopes etc. looked very hot! But, that’s my childhood dream. When I grew up I wanted to be an actress and here I am doing what I love.”
ITEM SONGS
In a short span of time the variety of roles she’s done is enviable, so ask her how come an item song is eluding her filmi resume? After all, she managed to hold her own in a dance sequence with Hrithik in Kites! She laughs and says, “I love to dance and I wonder why nobody is asking me to do an item number. I’d love to do an item song.” She goes on to add, “You know there’s an item song in my film next Knock Out and they are looking for someone who can do it! It’s so bad I can’t do it because I am playing a journo in the film and can’t possible break into a dance!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments