Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Advertisements

Advertisements

Popular Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reema Sen Goes De-Glam in Aakrosh

The actress is excited about her upcoming Aakrosh that has her playing a village belle…


Reemma, the glamour queen of Bollywood and Kollywood, is going to appear totally de-glamourised in her next Hindi release — Priyadarshan’s Aakrosh — which features Ajay Devgn, Akshaye Khanna, Bipasha Basu and Sameera Reddy in a cameo. The film, set in a village in eastern UP, is about ‘honour killing’ and is said to be thoughtprovoking.


In an exclusive interview to CT, Reemma states that Aakrosh will be the most important film of her career. Speaking about her flick, she says, “It’s a film I’m really excited about. It is going to be a landmark film in my career, and I am eternally grateful to Priyadarshanji for giving me this role.”
She adds, “Aakrosh is a tightlydirected edge-of-the-seat thriller set in a feudal village in eastern UP. I play the role of a village belle who is deaf and mute and is the pivot around which the film’s stunning climax revolves. I can’t reveal anything more, other than the fact that I don’t dance or romance in this film!”
All these years, fans have associated Reemma with glamour roles as the oomph factor has been high in her performances on screen so far. She says, “In this film, I play a very rustic character wearing a starched sari and with no make-up. In fact, Priyan and cinematographer Thiru have shot me using lenses that were one shade darker, to make me look dusky. I have dubbed for the film in an eastern UP lingo. Those who saw the rushes said they were pleasantly surprised by my look and that I will be the surprise package in the film.”
The entire film was shot in Karaikudi with art director Sabu Cyril recreating an eastern UP village milieu. “Karaikudi is my lucky location. I shot Maalamal Weekly there and the film turned out to be a hit,” says the actress with a smile. The Bengali beauty is also doing Rahul Dholakia’s Society, set in Mumbai, in which she plays an ultra modern girl. So, what’s happening in Tamil cinema? “After Aayirathil Oruvan, I have not yet come across an intense role. I’m listening to a couple of scripts and by October, I should be signing up an exciting new project in Tamil.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments